Monday, January 14, 2019

Artist Lake

Yes, there is such a place as Artist Lake in Middle Island. It is a spot where there are usually lots of birds because there is a parking area along a main road and people pull up and feed them. Of course I got there and there must have been 20 birds batting their wings in the air, but by the time I had my materials out I was only able to capture a few before the lady ran out of whatever she was feeding them. lol I did quick basic sketches of the birds and quickly took a few photos to help me once they were gone.


6 comments:

  1. Nice interaction sketch between the lady and the birds in action. I hope she wasn't feeding them bread, not good for them. Artist Lake in Middle Island - who knew? Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she wasn't feeding them bread either, but there are signs there and hopefully she read them. Thanks for your comment, Mel.

      Delete
  2. I can hear the birds batting their wings! My sister lives very close to Artist Lake... nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda. There are always so many birds there!

      Delete
  3. What a nice scene to capture! Some photos for this type of thing is probably a good idea. Great job Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat name for a sketching place.. I like the gesture on the boy. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete