Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Snowstorm

Last week we had another nor'easter that brought us about 13 inches of snow. At times it was snowing a few inches every hour. Just about 10 minutes from me they had 19 inches. Luckily in our development we don't have to do any shoveling and our car is in the garage. So as soon as I think the roads were clear I headed out. First I did this house in Sayville. I was there just in time for enough sunshine to make nice shadows.


Then I decided to head over to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum...but on the way I saw this huge pile of plowed snow with kids having one heck of a good time on it. I couldn't resist stopping to do a sketch.


I did eventually get to the Arboretum and went for a short walk. I stopped to sketch some of the plants that were still partially buried under the snow. The sun was out so the snow started melting off the trees and bushes, so I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.



7 comments:

  1. You are intrepid, Joan -- a few feet of snow can't keep you from sketching and painting! :-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the roads are cleared I'm moving. lol Thanks.

      Delete
  2. You're amazing Joan!!! That snow is outstanding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. Hopefully this was our last round for me to sketch.

      Delete
  3. Excellent! The snow ball fight is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. It wasn't easy to capture him throwing...he was too fast. lol

      Delete
  4. These are all great Joan. - when opportunity knocks you are right there with your sketching.

    ReplyDelete