Tuesday, March 6, 2018

One Week 100 People Challenge 2018 - Sketch Group & the DMV

This morning the South Bay Art Association Sketch Group met. I did a portrait of Dino, but then did a few quick sketches including Dino, Liz, and Sally. These are sketches $18-21.
#OneWeek100People2018


Next I headed to a spot I had gone for the last 100 people challenge, the Department of Motor Vehicles in Medford. It was so crowded that I ended up standing against the wall while I did this page of sketches #22-32. You can see other people were standing too. Maybe it was so crowded today because of the weather forecast for tomorrow.


I saw two people get up so I scurried over to take a seat. Sketches #33-48 were done from one of the benches. You would think with all the people that were around me someone would notice I was sketching...apparently not. lol


The weather forecast is for a snowstorm tomorrow so I'm not sure if I will be able get out to sketch people. That made me decide to stay a bit longer and keep sketching. The poor people sitting there were there for a long time and the people around me weren't changing quickly, so I moved to another seat to get a different view. I completed sketches #49-65 there. I'm more than halfway done!!!






6 comments:

  1. These are all terrific, Joan -- you picked a great spot! I've got to find somewhere crowded like that tomorrow.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It was super crowded there. Lots of models.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Well captured! Hope your weather isn’t as bad as they predict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. So far it isn't too bad here, more rain and sleet, although right now it is snowing!

      Delete
  3. These are great Joan! The DMV is obviously a great place for people drawing. And, I don't see too many angry faces so I guess most of the people there were resigned to the wait. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val, after a while what can you do beside leave and come back again?

      Delete