Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Snowy Woods

Yes, we had another small snowstorm last week. Not a huge amount but a few inches that looked pretty on the ground between the trees. This was done at a local park using gouache which seems to be my "go to" for snow scenes lately.  Today we are expecting more snow...predictions say between 8-12 inches later today. That's a bit more than we need. lol I will give you an update tomorrow.

I had paintings at an exhibit about 2 1/2 hrs from me that were supposed to be picked up today. Luckily because of the forecast they allowed us to come up and pick them up a day early if we were free. I was picking up my work and the work of 5 other people, so my husband came up to Middletown with my yesterday to help carry the 10 paintings from the gallery to the car. Considering we hit rush hour traffic for part of the ride home, we were only in the car for 5 1/2 hours. It could have been much worse. 


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and so quiet yiu can hear the breeze in the trees. Looks pretty now, hope you can say that the next batch of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelvia. The snow is usually peaceful until the plows come. lol

      Delete
  2. Beautiful winter scene Joan - you caught those gorgeous shadows perfectly. Sorry to read about more snow - we had quite a bit yesterday as well. Sun is shining today and once again the snow is melting:)! Have a blessed day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. We had a lot but luckily it is warm and a lot has already melted.

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely sketch Joan. I hope you don't get as much snow as predicted - we are all so ready for spring! I am looking at putting my art in some galleries at some distance from me and will end up traveling a lot more than I want too - sigh, the things we do for our art! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. We did get a lot, but with the warm temp and sun it is melting quickly. Hope you don't have to drive as far as this gallery was.

      Delete