Monday, March 5, 2018

One Week 100 People Challenge 2018 - At the Mall


The 100 People challenge started today and I made sure I went out to a location that would have people to sketch. I headed over to the Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove. I did this first page sitting in a very comfy chair right outside the Apple Store. With their wide-open glass doors I could easily see the customers and the store personnel. I sketched some of the people inside as well as several people that came and sat across from me who were waiting for the person they were with to finish shopping. One of the people at one of those little kiosks was also in my line of site...lucky him. lol
#OneWeek100People2018


Next I headed to the mall food court. During the week it is pretty easy to get a table and find people to sketch including the guy from the Japanese stall that gives out free samples of teriyaki chicken, which I did taste. Yes, the woman on the bottom did have blue-green hair. I'm glad I sketched her quickly because she didn't stay long. Instead she bagged up her food and left. I'll have to come up with a good location for tomorrow...a place with lines of people. I will need to do a lot since they are forecasting snow for Wednesday and I might not get out in that case.






2 comments:

  1. I'm headed for the mall myself tomorrow! I did a few heads today, but for the rest of the week I think I'm going to focus on figures. It's really fun to do people who are walking away, because I only have a few seconds, and I get a lot done that way!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous Joan. I am always amazed at the detail you manage when I am sure that the people are often moving and you are working quickly. Great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete