Thursday, May 16, 2019

Sepia Sketch

When I was in Venice I did some sketching in sepia ink. I didn't bring home that bottle because I was afraid it would leak in my luggage. So I ordered a bottle when I got home, but when I tried it out the other day I was not happy with the color. It is too golden yellow, not really sepia, especially when water is added to it. I may try mixing it with a brown ink I have. I don't think I would use it like this again. This was sketched along one of the canals in Sayville


10 comments:

  1. It's still a nice sketch although I'm guessing it has more of a reddish orange brown tint with this ink. Regardless, I'm sure you had fun using your Murano glass pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I was a bit disappointed by the color.

      Delete
  2. It's almost orange, isn't it? It's a nice warm color, though if you were expecting sepia, I can see why you wouldn't like this. If you go to gouletpens.com, you'll find lots of ink samples that will indicate what the colors look like on paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have done that. I don't know why I trusted Amazon. lol

      Delete
  3. Hello;
    I discovered his blog and walked through it, I like painting, I've been painting for years with watercolors in particular.
    I like those notes the imprint of the works, this in shades sepia that provide so much wealth when it comes to tone.
    Congratulations.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose', thank you so much for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I like this! Although the colour is more burnt sienna than sepia, it is a favourite colour of mine and I use it a lot. You never can tell about colours as each manufacturer seems to have their own blend - frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked dark enough on the internet. lol Thanks.

      Delete