Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Federal Hall and the LIRR

Our second location on Saturday was Federal Hall and the Stock Exchange. It was a very crowded area. Luckily I found a spot to tuck myself on the steps of Federal Hall where I was out of the way of the people and could see the statue of George Washington. There were people coming up the stairs all afternoon long, but I ignored all of them except this woman.


I did start another small sketch but I need to finish it before I post it.

This sketch was actually done on the Long Island Railroad in the morning on my way to the city. This group of people was sitting opposite me in seats facing each other. First they all ate breakfast and then the woman with the partly alizarin crimson hair started braiding the hair of one of the other people who I am hoping is just crouching between the seats and not sitting on the floor. lol



4 comments:

  1. These two sketches together are an interesting pair -- look at the mirroring! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to see your world through your eyes and sketches. I hope the girl was crouching too - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see some strange things on the subway sometimes. lol Thanks.

      Delete