Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thursday in Venice

Apparently April is a rainy month in Venice. It rained late in the afternoon and mist of last night. It was mostly cloudy and rain was forecast again for today, so I wet out fairly early to get some sketching done. The Rialto Mercado is one of my favorite areas...who can resist the colorful veggies? I parked my stool just inside one of the arches by the Rialto Fish  Market facing a vegetable stand. The workers all came over to take a look.

After lunch I sat in a nearby square with a fountain and a lot of teens sitting around. They must be on school trips. I couldn’t sketch them spall but I did sketch some of them.









8 comments:

  1. And so the adventure begins. I don't know how you do so many sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to get one done in the morning and one in the afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Love your travel sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The market and fountain sketches are just great. So fun to travel with you by seeing your beautiful art. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are able to travel along, Debbie. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Wow! These are great Joan bu tI especially like the market one - great colour!

    ReplyDelete