Monday, April 8, 2019

Machelleria and 1 Week 100 People

It was another rainy day in Venice. I found a spot by the Rialto Market where I was able to sit under the canopy of a vegetable stand that wasn’t open today. I had a good view of the Machelleria Equina until the guy closed up for the day and put his metal shades down. I am not going to question what a machelleria equina sells but the horse heads on the front window make me suspicious.

Today also begins the Ine Week 100 People challenge. These were sketched near the Rialto Market and the bridge...any pkace I could hide from the showers.

I have been able to see your supportive comments but can’t reply to them...sorry. Also I have given up trying to resize my photos for my posts. 








6 comments:

  1. Great folks and lovely storefront. Less time on the computer = more sketches. Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My computer time was usually in the evening instead of watching tv which was all in Italian. lol

      Delete
  2. Joan your sketches of people and faces as well as the store are wonderful. Will be looking forward to seeing more from Venice. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, glad I could show you so much of Venice.

      Delete
  3. Great sketches Joan. BTW it meat horse meat butchers. but one of the things I saw when I looked it up said -"more than just horse meat". Great job on your people but it looks cold there - brr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up buying a heavier coat the second day we were there because I was too cold even wearing layers. That coat came in very handy. Everyone was in winter coats and scarves a lot of the time.

      Delete