Saturday, April 27, 2019

Sepia Ink Sketches

I think I had already mentioned that I bought a fancy dip pen and some sepia ink. The other day I was sitting at lunch outside a restaurant with a great view. I pulled out my sketchbook while I was waiting and drew a bit directly in ink. There were some kids at the table next to me that were fascinated to watch me sketch with the ink.  

Then today I decided to do some ink sketches in the square by our apartment...just little bits of what was around. I had watched a few videos the other night featuring using lettering on journal pages and thought I would give it a try. Here is the result.

Once again I have to apologize for not getting to visit your blogs. At home it is so easy to do from my list of blogs that I visit. I can’t do that here on the iPad. We are heading home in Wednesday and I promise I will catch up!




9 comments:

  1. You should work with sepia more often... it really looks amazing, Joan. I just bought ink but black ink....what do I know? lol I really like this. I've been having so much problems commenting on my ipad. But its fine with the computer... I'm spoiled and don't use my computer too often...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, thanks. I like working with the sepia ink. I did leave the bottle behind when I came back. I don't trust an open bottle of ink no matter how I pack it and didn't want to ruin everything. I think I have a bottle at home. There is some kind of problem posting on blogger from my iPad, both doing a post and posting on someone else's posts. There is never a problem when I work from my laptop. But I hate taking the laptop if I am flying...just too much weight.

      Delete
  2. Please show us the pen when you get a chance to take a picture!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. Good idea!
    I take my iMac when we go to NM for 2 months. I can’t stand typing on the phone or iPad. Sigh….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hate working from the iPad, but the laptop is too heavy to bring along when I fly. I have to cut back somewhere and it won't be on art supplies. lol

      Delete
  4. I like your lettering that summarizes the sketches. The sepia ink wash looks classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Val. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

      Delete