Monday, January 16, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 16 - Bandolier

My Day 16 painting for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge is from a reference photo sent to me by my cousin, Mary Jo Greco. This is Bandolier, her son Rudy's cat. I painted the cat in watercolors, added some ink and then did some strokes of oil pastel to give some light fur marks.


If you're curious about what the other artists are doing for the challenge, you can see the other paintings here: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog

Those of you who follow my blog regularly know I don't do still life paintings very often. My Wednesday night sketch group has use of a meeting room at the library for the winter this year so we decided to do a still life this week. Everyone brought along something to add. Since it was a group of about 10 people we set up several to choose from. I brought along the items in this painting. People loved the bright colors so several of us sketched it. I guess I had cooking on my mind. lol



4 comments:

  1. Dear Joan - you are really nailing down these feline portraits. Being a cat lover I am enjoying each of them. Love how you add texture to their fur with other media. Really makes one feel like you could reach out and pet them. Your still life is wonderful...such happy colors and I really get that cooking theme. Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Debbie. I am slowly getting more comfortable doing the animals. Have a great week!

      Delete