Sunday, January 15, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 15 - Rooster

We are now halfway through the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge. This was done from my own photo taken at a wildlife refuge. I just loved the colors in this Rooster's feathers. I used watercolors and ink for this painting.
Some of the great work by the other participating artists can be found here: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog




Here's another recent portrait I did recently. Freddy is a member of our group and will be moving to Florida. He promised to pose for us before he left. In case you're wondering he has a walking stick with a cobra on it.


3 comments:

  1. Great rooster! They are fun to paint and have attitude. I like your portrait studies. The hairless dog is funny, my friend T has one. Sort of scary to think about holding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. Oooh...I don't think I would like to hold one at all.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Catching up on your posts, great portraits! And that little pack is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete