Monday, March 30, 2015

IFJM Is Coming and a Home Depot Sketch

IFJM (International Fake Journal Month) is coming, and starts April 1! For those of you who have no idea what IFJM is, here is a link to some information on Roz Stendahl's blog. Roz started the idea of the fake journal month in April.
If you are interested in participating it isn't too late...just contact Roz at the link above or sign up of International Fake Journals on Facebook.

I have participated a few times doing fake or imaginary journals. I started with "Angelina's Life in Venice in 2011, continued with "The Magic Feather" in 2012, and did "Chevy Road Trip" in 2013. I didn't participate last year (and felt like I missed something). My ideas have been churning and I am organized and ready to start. I will provide a link to this year's IFJ on April 1st!!!

Now back to my sketches...
Below is a sign that this winter has been too long. lol Saturday we had light snow all day again and I wanted to sketch some Spring flowers but the only way to do that was to do it indoors. I thought about going to a local nursery but figured it would be too crowded the weekend before Easter. So I headed over to Home Depot. That place is so big it couldn't be too crowded. I looked for Spring flowers which they had in assorted places but most of the spots didn't have a place where I could stand and sketch comfortably. Then I noticed that if I went to the patio furniture section there was a nice display of flowers in view that I could put into the sketch with a few chairs and an umbrella stretching into the scene too. I perched myself on some stacked lawn chairs that were just a little lower than standing and had a covered bbq with a flat top next to me to use to rest my materials. Lots of Home Depot workers came past, two even asked me to move for a minute so they could get a box down that was on the shelf behind me, but nobody said a word about me sketching. I probably could have set myself down on one of the cushioned comfy patio seats and nobody would have cared. lol


5 comments:

  1. You're good at finding spring wherever it is! Have fun with IFJM! I've never done it, but one of these years I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly fabulous sketch that should make Home Depot proud! That is one place I've worked that I never lost respect for. Great job, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tina. I can see you doing the IFJM.

    Sherry, they are always so helpful and nice there. This just proved it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderful idea! Great sketch and I love the familiar orange aprons. I will check out the link,thanks!

    ReplyDelete