Saturday, March 29, 2014

Bayport Aerodrome

I have passed a sign in Bayport for the Bayport Aerodrome so many times, and finally I decided to go check it out. It is a small airport with small private planes and mostly grass runways. It was colorful and fun. I think you need be a member to enter with your car but I think you can walk through the gate with no problem.
I sat in my car outside the gate to paint this since it was too cold for outdoor painting.
(Spring temperatures where are you???) This is about 5 x 7.


6 comments:

  1. You chose a great composition here Joan - lovely painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun piece. We have a private airport behind us that has some colorful small planes and para gliders in summer that are also very colorful, and has a grass runway. Are you sure you're not in Oregon?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheerful little painting despite it looking cold. Spring temperatures yesterday in UK - at long last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Joan. You are so good! Boy, I sure wish I lived near you! You'd have me painting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ann!

    Cris, thank you. It did seem like I should have been somewhere else. lol

    Polly, thanks. Damp and cold here today.

    Sherry, I would have you out painting all the time. lol Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little plane! Looks like an interesting place to sketch. You always find the best spots.

    ReplyDelete