Saturday, March 30, 2013

At the Marina

I love this marina because it is like a throwback to earlier days. Most marinas are very modern and fancy. This one has the rustic character down pat...plus it is so colorful.
Luckily they survived the hurricane we had because the building is still standing...however the dock is mostly gone. This is about 4 x 6 in my Stillman & Birn journal.

I did this one of one of the boats which looks like it was slightly damaged by the storm...or else a large shark took a bit out of it.

9 comments:

  1. These are lovely paintings Joan. I feel like I'm there, it must be a wonderful place to visit. I like the fact it isn't all modern, that rustic charm wins me over every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings, Joan. I love the boat!!!
    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Joan!
    Great light in both pieces!
    Love the shadows!
    The cinder blocks are also well done and well placed! (When I worked as a construction laborer many years ago I had to lift those blocks day in and day out! Nice to see them resting on the ground!
    Enjoy!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan both sketches are beautiful...I love the green truck in the first. What a great job including it as well. Not having much experience with boating these both make me want to spend some time closer to the docks. Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketches... And Silly Lily -- what a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the building is still standing and I love their fresh spring-like colors too. Poor boat! Maybe age has gotten to it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really charming fresh sketches of the boats Joan. These are so cheerful, your own enjoyment comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!!! LOVE THE SHAPES OF THESE BOATS! HAPPY EASTER JOAN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Ann, Hilda, Michael, Debbie, Tina, Sherry, Kevin, and Lin!

    ReplyDelete