Monday, March 25, 2013

Sketching at the Concert

On Sunday I went to the see the Bay Area Chorus perform at the United Methodist Church of Patchogue. The concert was organized through BAFFA of Sayville.
I have heard this chorus perform several times and they are great.
My friend and I sat up in the balcony and I sketched while I listened.

Here are some audience members watching and listening.

And some of the chorus members.

And the accompanist at the piano.

As you can see these are more impressionistic than realistic.

7 comments:

  1. These sketches made me smile after our conversation about sketching in church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've attempted sketching during a live concert only once, but I'd like to do more. The music sort of gets embedded with the sketch, don't you think? It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, you just amaze me with all your sketching. I truly do not know how you do it. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you multitasking. Nice sketches and they make lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some wonderful impressions to me. Thanks too Joan for stopping by and taking the time to share your wonderful Palm Sunday memories. May you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mickey, Tina, Sherry, Polly, and Debbie. It is fun to sketch while listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THESE ARE REALLY SUPER, JOAN! YOU DO SO WELL WITH FACES AND PLEIN AIR ...!

    ReplyDelete