Tuesday, March 12, 2013

South Carolina Paintings

Here is another quick sunrise I did in Myrtle Beach.

Michelle and I spent an extra day after the workshop ended so we could go someplace to sketch. We headed to Georgetown, a historic town about 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach. We were hoping to try our hand at sketching shrimp boats, but with several of them docked in one spot the rigging was too complex to figure out what belonged to which boat. lol

We did go to lunch at a place called "Big Tuna" which had really yummy she-crab soup. I did a few sketches of people waiting at the bar.


Then we sat by the waterfront for a while. This boat seemed a little easier than some of the others.

8 comments:

  1. Some lovely scenes Joan, seemed liked to you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketches! Good to see you got in some R & R after working so hard at the workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pieces, Joan! I love that little girl's style too. The top piece reminded me of the Footsteps poem and I so would love to see this boat be a houseboat. I like its shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan these are wonderful sketches...looks like you really found inspiration...your boat is awesome. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lorraine, Tina, Sherry, and Debbie. It was good to chill out and relax for a day before getting in the car and heading hime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Georgetown sketches came out great! It was a good idea to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFULLy done!! I did so much of my studies of Live Oaks while I lived in SC, and in Georgetown I had someone take me through the map of all the live oaks in town! Did you happen to see the 'Deer Head Oak?" I was so hoping, when I was reading you were in Georgetown that you painted it!

    ReplyDelete