Saturday, January 6, 2024

Final Sketches of 2023

 I've been having fun with the continuous line sketches so I thought I would do one final one for 2023 of my breakfast. I almost always have the same breakfast...a swiss cheese omelette with spinach. My holiday plate makes it a little more festive.


My final plein air sketch for 2023 was done down at Hecksher State Park in East Islip. It is a huge park that is right on the Great South Bay with views across to Fire Island. The parking lot I was in had some huge puddles from recent flooding or high tides. It could be either but this particular parking lot seems to always be partly flooded. The ducks were quite happy, but the human visitors had to drive through some of the water to get out of the lot.



3 comments:

  1. Een heel goed 2024 Joan,

    Met veel mooie en leuke schets momenten !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rene! Wishing us both many more moments of painting and sketching. Happy 2024!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, love the plate and mug. I've wanted a Christmas set but don't have any place to store it. Maybe I'll consider getting something and putting with the Christmas stuff in the attic. Nice landscape as well.

    ReplyDelete