Thursday, January 25, 2024

Amaryllis Progress

The amaryllis I started growing has a stem that is now about 16 inches high. There are two stems and the other is a bit shorter. I sketched the amaryllis on Sunday when it was only 9 inches high. Right now it has grown about 2 inches yesterday and another 2 inches today. I


Here is the completed page in my sketchbook. I am going to have to figure out a way to make the paper taller if I want to show the actual full height of it from now on.


It is fun to watch the progress from day to day.



 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, yours is really taking off! I like the spread design you made! Once it starts blooming, you might as well skip the stalk and just paint the blossoms! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I will probably do. I won't be able to keep sketching the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. Very cool. Interesting how fast they grow. Smaller sketches on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will probably do one more whole one (maybe add on to the page?) and then just focus on the blossoms.

      Delete
  3. We're invested in seeing the progress as much as you are! I like the idea of showing a triptych at Days 2, 20, and whatever day it is when the amaryllis will be in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete