Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Brookfield Place - Part 2

 After I finished the double spread that I posted yesterday I went downstairs at Brookfield Place and sat with a number of the sketchers from our group. It was lunch time so we took turns going upstairs and getting something to eat. It is always fun to peek at what others have been sketching and the views that they chose. My friend, Janette came in from outside. I think she may have been one of the few sketchers who sat outside to paint...and she did it both in the morning and the afternoon. It was good to see her. I hadn't seen her since back in the spring because she was taking art classes on the weekend and couldn't make our sketch events. She had bought a painting of mine and I was finally able to bring it to her.

After lunch I face the interior of Brookfield Place. It has wonderful high windows like an atrium and tall palm trees. It is really a great view. This was done in direct watercolor.



I had about 25 minutes before we were doing our show and tell. I turned and faced the outside where there was a skating rink. I was able to complete an ink sketch, but was unable to add the color on location. I'm not sure if it will add color or leave it as it is.


After our show and tell I walked with Janette to the Oculus where I caught the E train up to Penn Station and the Long Island Railroad. I had a short wait and boarded the train which wasn't too crowded. I was able to stretch out comfortably in my triple seat and sketch the couple on the other side of the aisle. This was a continuous line drawing.


It was a really good day spent with like-minded people!







3 comments:

  1. Always so much fun to sketch and hang with other sketchers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your continuous line sketches. This group of sketches is so good. Nice to be out with other artists.

    ReplyDelete