Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Starbucks and Blueberries

While we were having our wet/dreary weather I ventured out to have coffee at Starbucks. It is far from my favorite place for coffee, but it was indoors. They recently finished renovating this particular Starbucks in Patchogue to make it a "drive thru." I'm not impressed with the results as a sketcher. Instead of having some tables and a few comfy chairs, all that was replaced with a few high stool tables in a row and then behind that against the wall with windows one row of small tables. The customers sitting at those tables were all to my side so there was no view of them. I had to hope for someone to sit at the high stool table, but as soon as her order this lady was ready and out of there. It is not condusive to having people in various positions hanging out for a while. The people that were there a while were sitting to my right and left and unless I wanted to face them directly I had no view of them for a sketch. I guess I won't be rushing back there. 


While sketching for the hunt on creativespark.art the item to sketch was berries. 
I used Procreate for this sketch.






3 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about Starbucks. A similar thing just happened to a friend and me... we went to our favorite coffee shop at U Village, and all the seating inside had been removed -- it was takeout only! How disappointing. I think a lot of places are doing that because they have been short-staffed since the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because this place has the drive-thru they don't expect too many people to be inside. I can rearrange the tables for them if they want. lol

      Delete
  2. Excellent sketch. I wonder about businesses now. We have a new burger place, drive through only. Not inviting. We have a chain of huge gas station/convenience stores called Buc-ee's. They sell all sorts of snack foods, fresh BBQ sandwiches, ice cream, pastries, salads. Beautiful huge clean bathrooms (the real draw when on the road). Big gift shop part and sell Grills and camp stuff. The chairs for such hang on the wall or sit on top of boxes. Not one place to sit down to eat your food inside or out. Guess they want you to shop and go! More customers I guess. No semi trucks allowed.

    ReplyDelete