Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Inktober Day 30 & Day 31

 My Inktober Day 30 sketch is of a restaurant in Bellport. I've eaten there but not in a very long while. I used Platinum Carbon ink for this both from my Lamy pen and from my Sailor Fude pen.

Maybe I'll have to go back...but from what I remember their lobster rolls have celery in them, and I don't like them that way.


    My final sketch for Inktober 2021 was done when I was out with friends painting on Sunday. It was a chilly day and we were painting a bridge near the water. I turned around and saw this view, so I took out my Lamy pen and did just a line sketch...no use of water for bleeding the ink.

As much as I enjoy doing Inktober I am usually glad when it is finally over and I can get back to using more color. I'm glad I did so many sketches with the twig and Chinese ink. In the past I'd do one sketch and then those supplies would be put away and not taken out for a long time. It was fun to see the variety of effects I was able to get with the different inks.




6 comments:

  1. I think you succeeded above and beyond in using your less utilized tools for this Inktober challenge. Bravo for completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for finishing another Inktober! I LOVED your twig sketches! I hope you don't put it away for too long! Please pull it out again now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I promise not to put the twig away and to work with it from time to time.

      Delete
  3. Joan, all of your Inktober sketches are fantastic. I love that you use so many tools and inks. You inspire… Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say, I would like to try the lobster rolls with you at your favorite place!

    ReplyDelete