Friday, November 5, 2021

Autumn Colors

 It seems like just overnight the leaves started changing color here. Of course we don't get the abundance of reds and oranges like they do in New England but every once in a while the sun lights up some of our colors to make them super bright. This tree scene was between two houses. Just because I've been saying I have to do something different I used gouache on this painting. Basically gouache is rather opaque and is used from darks to lights like oils. I am still working as if I were using watercolors and keep adding darks when I should be adding lighter tones.lol I was pretty happy with the way this turned out. It was painted in my Strathmore Toned Tan sketchbook.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Great to see your colors finally coming... ours are mostly gone now after all our wind and rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I know the colors are here until that first storm that blows them off the trees.

      Delete
  2. This did work out. Beautiful. We are just now having fall and I don’t see much color yet. You use so many media so well. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks. Do you get much color down there?

      Delete
  3. This is great Joan - the colours really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you did with the gouache worked really well in this instance. Seeing this and the colder area temperature we've been having, it sure is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, thanks so much for your comments. I'm enjoying getting back to color!

      Delete