Thursday, September 23, 2021

Bayport Aerodrome - Part 3

 I had a little time left before the aerodrome event was closing so I looked for a shady spot to sit with the view of this plane. As I started sketching this older gentleman came over and asked if I was going to draw his plane. I said I was going to try. He stayed and talked to me for a while. I asked him how long he had the plane and he said 50 years. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was 95 years old. I asked him if he still flies the plane and he told me that he still does and loves it. Just before I was finished 2 men came over to the plane. Between the owner and the two men they each took a wing and one of them took the tail. They turned the plane around and wheeled it back into the hangar. It was nice to see someone who still enjoyed what he was doing at the age of 95. I think the secret is to love what you are doing.




2 comments: