Friday, September 3, 2021

Pappa Mia's Ice House

 I have passed this place hundreds of times and always think it is so colorful that I should sketch it. Then someone posted a photo of Pappa Mia's Ice House Ices on Facebook and I decided to do it. The building is located on a main road in West Sayville. I sat across the street in my car to sketch it. I wasn't sure it was safe enough to be sitting outside along Montauk Highway with the cars speeding by. When I started sketching it the girl who was manning it was just setting things up so slowly the giant Italian ice and the umbrella came out, as well as the bags of chips on the counter. It was too early for business so I didn't get any customers. I also didn't get an ice....maybe next time.




11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love colorful places like this with character. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Lots of interesting places in your areal. Lie the colors and flowers, umbrella, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always searching for something different. lol Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Love it, once again, when I get stuck and don't know what to paint, you remind me to open my eyes and look around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is a lot around to paint that most of the time we just walk right past. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. There really is a lot around to paint that most of the time we just walk right past. Thanks.

      Delete
    3. There really is a lot around to paint that most of the time we just walk right past. Thanks.

      Delete
    4. There really is a lot around to paint that most of the time we just walk right past. Thanks.

      Delete