Friday, January 29, 2021

Lefty Lucy & Zoom Sketches

 Tuesday night Lefty Lucy posed for us. I liked her outfit which seemed to have designs of big cats on it. So how to do such a pattern??? Simplify! I couldn't tell what she was wearing on her head until the last sketch. It was some sort of bandana.

These are 10 minute sketches.


This is her final pose which lasts 20 minutes.


Wednesday night the South Bay Art Association had their monthly general meeting on Zoom. That is also the night that the Patchogue Sketch Club meets and they usually join together since some people are members of both groups. During the meeting everyone got to talk about what they have been doing lately with their art and some of the attendees were working on art while listening. That's what I did, but I was busy sketching the participants. Things were going fine until there was some screen sharing and I couldn't focus on a close view of the people. Then my Zoom audio started crackling so I switched from my laptop to my iPad. That gave me really small images to work from, but I kept going. Here is what I was able to sketch.




2 comments:

  1. These sketches are great. Love all the faces and personalities. Lucy is always fun, you handled the print well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I get such a kick out of sketching her.

      Delete