Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Boarded Up

 I took a ride the other day down to East Moriches which is about a half hour away. That's where the Silly Lily Marina is located. It is a fun place to sketch because it is so colorful and there are lots of boats around. This time almost all the boats were in drydock for the winter and the building itself was closed for the season and boarded up. It still had some charm so I sat and sketched the building. When I first started sketching over there the buildings were a little derelict. Then Hurricane Sandy came through and they rebuilt a lot of it.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always Joan!!! Glad you are getting out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lin. My mobile studio is my salvation. lol

      Delete
  2. Good to see you sketching in your favorite spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I haven't left this area of Long Island since March so I tend to return to my favorite haunts.

      Delete
  3. Great sketch Joan. SO many places on Long Island that I don’t know of! The colors are nice and vibrant.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, thanks. Maybe when all this is over we can meet somewhere.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, like this. Very colorful and quaint. Not sure if that is the right word, ha.

    ReplyDelete