Saturday, May 2, 2020

Beach Path

Today was one of those days that just screamed beach. It was sunny and warm, but a bit too breezy to actually sit on the beach. I went over to Robert Moses State Park and sat and sketched. I socially distanced myself inside my mobile studio. The parking lot was crowded but there was plenty of room for people to spread out. 


Yesterday I was in Patchogue buying a few things that I needed before Jerry comes home. While I was there I went down to Sandpit Marina and did a continuous line sketch of the little lighthouse and some people. I haven't done a continuous line in a long time, but it was fun to do.


9 comments:

  1. It's a good metaphor to the times we live in. A path to a bright blue sky beyond the crest. A nice day to be alive. Very nice 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it is clear and free over that dune. Thanks, Mel.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work in the sand. Yesterday I went to the beach with some friends.. something I haven't done in awhile.. it felt good to sit in the sand and just look at the water. Not too many people which was wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The beach is big enough that people can really spread out right now.

      Delete
  3. Wow - your line sketch is fabulous - what a great job!!! I like your beach scene too; it is so nice and peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you. The line sketches make me really think carefully while I draw.

      Delete
  4. These are both great. Glad you are getting to go to the beach even if it is in the car. Jerry coming home sounds great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It would be fine to go out on the beach. There are some people but really spaced apart.

      Delete
  5. I miss the beach! Soon we will go again.

    ReplyDelete