Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Bouquet Sketches

A while back a friend of mine sent me a beautiful arrangement of flowers. I didn't want to paint the whole thing so I pulled out a few of the different kinds of flowers to do a sketch.


The bouquet lasted a long time but  finally I had to get rid of some of them that were past their prime. I pulled out the few that looked the best and put them in a small jar. They lasted a few more days but then started to lose their petals. I pulled out my art supplies to do one last sketch.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches to remind you of a thoughtful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sketches. I like the direct method on the flowers on the table in the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I did both as direct watercolors but the light colors in the second one made me add some ink too.

      Delete
  3. Joan I like how you composed the first sketch...the bouquet in the last one was wonderful too. Hope you are staying safe and well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. The flowers were good to have and arrange in different ways. Stay well!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pieces Joan and the roses in the first are brilliant -nice and loose but still perfect, It is always interesting to see which flowers last.

    ReplyDelete