Thursday, March 21, 2019

Yesterday I didn't have much time to sketch. We had gone to have our taxes done and that killed part of the day. I ended up getting out for a little while and did a small sketch of part of a house in Sayville.


My sketch group meets on Wednesday nights and I had a board meeting that was rescheduled to the same time and at the same place. The board meeting was over early enough that I had time to head upstairs at the library and join the sketch group to do a self-portrait. I didn't expect to sketch and only had a real small sketchbook with me. I only worked on this for about 15 minutes using the iPhone camera to see myself live...where there is a will there is a way. lol


5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you did a selfie with your iPhone camera! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I've also used "Photo Booth" on my laptop and iPad. It is easier on the laptop because it is standing on the monitor in front of me.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you use your time Joan and that you almost always seem to get some sketches done no matter how busy your life.I like the simple detail in the house piece -just enough to give the piece some depth. Your self portrait is supe and they way you did it, using your phone is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I can almost always find some time to sketch no matter what my day is like. The iPhone worked good but there was no way to make it stand up easily.

      Delete
  3. The house is great, love the colors.
    Your iPhone sp is very nice. You go overboard to get results! Fun.

    ReplyDelete