Sunday, December 2, 2018

Tree Sales and Project

As we are getting into December there are tree lots hoping up around the area. This was a small one in Oakdale. It didn't look too busy when I was there sketching.
#momentsketchers


I am going to attempt to do the Doodlewash December 2018 Art Challenge using the prompts, although I am going to be rather busy for the next week. I will try my best to keep up. The first prompt is lights. These were on the street in Patchogue and include a nice wreath.

I am also going to use this in a special project. An internet friend who lives in Chicago posted a message that she is adopting an entire military unit that is deployed overseas. There are 182 members of the unit and she is planning on mailing out 200 original art postcards to them. She asked several Urban Sketching groups to help with the cards. I won't be meeting up with the NYC Urban Sketchers before the cards need to reach her to be mailed with the others, so I volunteered to do 20 myself and send them to her. The easiest way to reach my goal is to do all my sketches for the next week or so as 4 x 6 cards. The cards can be any theme so I will do an assortment of them...with this one as my first.


4 comments:

  1. What a great double project! You do great scenes the unit will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paintings Joan and the lights card is especially nice and I am sure will be really appreciated by a soldier. - what a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vak. It sounded like a good project.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jo. I am already behind for Doidkewash. Lol

    ReplyDelete