Monday, December 24, 2018

Church of the Assumption

A friend had given me the name of a Polish deli in Copaigue where his family gets kielbasa. I like kielbasa if it is the real thing, not what they usually sell in the supermarket. I don't think I had ever gone to Copaigue before but since it was only about 30 minutes from me I decided to head over there. The deli was impressive...wall to wall products that were Polish/Slavic...nothing in English. lol My mother's side of the family is Polish so I was doing research for us. The kielbasa looked good so I bought some. We ate some of it for lunch and my husband (who has no Polish in his DNA) said it was the best he's ever had. I thought it was pretty good.


When I left the deli I spotted this church out of the corner of my eye down one of the streets. It is the Church of the Assumption in Copaigue.  It looked so welcoming with the doors wide open. I found a spot to park and sketched the building while the mass was still going on. Before I finished the congregation started coming out and I decided that added a lot to the sketch so I added a few people.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that deli looks authentic! And the church is beautiful. Merry Christmas, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the kielbasa was not up to your standards Joan as you only thought it was 'pretty good' - lol. What a splendid job you did on the church - the detail in the windows and the added touch of the street signs are wonderful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, I'm not a real fan of any kind of sausage. lol That's just me. I did like the church a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friendly and welcoming church with the folks outside. Nice.

    ReplyDelete