Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Trees

I keep searching for an outdoor Christmas tree setup that is different but they are all so similar. This was the display of the trees being sold by the Medford Fire Department in the small park across from their station. I was there when it was closed. Maybe it would have more atmosphere at night. I don't know if I would have time to get back there, but a nocturne would be fun. I used the Zebra Fine Line Brush Pen to sketch this. My friend, Mel, asked how I liked the pen. It has a nice stiff point and makes thin lines easily as well as thicker lines with pressure. It is waterproof which is a plus and it seems to dry quickly. I think we got received one of these pens in our swag bag in Porto because I already had one. I was asked to test a few Zebra items and see how they work in my sketching/plein air activities and send my thoughts back to the company. So far I like this one. I will be interested in seeing how it wears over time. I usually use the micron brush pen but I find the tips on those wear out and then they bend and you don't have the right control.


5 comments:

  1. These trees already look kind of tired from the holidays! ;-) I use a Zebra brush pen (with a slightly wider tip) for most of the sketches I make in my red notebook. I like it a lot, and the waterproof ink is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I passed a place with trees this morning and there were all of about 5 sad, lonely trees left. I do like the Zebra brush pen.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the tree stand is finishing up for the season. Perfect. The greens are so nice. Lovely painting/sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. If people are looking late they may be out of luck.

      Delete
  3. Charming little sketch Joan and it looks like the pen does a nice job.

    ReplyDelete