Friday, August 24, 2018

PSGB Part 3

Yesterday I met my friend, Gina at the Maritime Museum grounds in Sayville. The views across the marsh are what I planned for my painting for Paint the Great South Bay. I brought along a rectangular watercolor paper to do more of a panoramic view. I stood out on the dock that is closest to the marsh, but Gina focused on one of the maritime buildings for her pastel. She took a photo of me working out on the dock. You can see me there facing the marsh.


Here is my painting at the beginning stages.


And here it is a little while later.


Here is the finished painting.


 I think I mentioned the other day that I was interviewed for an article that was going into our biggest Long Island newspaper, Newsday about the Paint the Great South Bay event. The article was in the paper yesterday! I don't know if you can enlarge the words enough to read them, but I am quoted.







8 comments:

  1. An excellent watercolor Joan!!! Congratulations on the article ......my husband showed me the article and I was so surprised when I saw you!!! You looked wonderful and a great story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you got to see it in the paper.

      Delete
  2. Great quote Joan! Great panoramic painting! Love the contours of the land and the texture between the walk path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty darn cool and the painting turns out just great. Kudos girl, proud ofyiu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Joan - I really like your painting of the bay. At first I thought it was another photo - lol. Super article too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful landscape! Congrats on being featured in the article.

    ReplyDelete