Thursday, August 23, 2018

PGSB Part 2

For my next painting location I joined my plein air group, PALS, at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum in Oakdale. It is within the boundaries of Paint the Great South Bay. There is an area near the dahlia garden that is a community garden. I did that view. You can see a lot of blue in the painting because I was using the method I learned in Porto for using indigo for the shadows.


Here is the finished painting.

 

My friend, Mary O'Connor took a photo of me while I was working.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. I like seeing you in action, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. It is helpful to have friends who take photos while you're working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the before and after photos. Once the greens were added your painting came alive. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. I like using the indigo with the greens. Charlene Moreau had a great idea.

      Delete
  4. A super painting Joan and using the indigo worked so well. Does your back give out? I think the set up you have there looks uncomfortable with quite a reach for you. I admire you even more - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I've been fighting a cold the last two weeks and haven't had a lot of energy. I wasn't sure I could stand up to do the whole painting so I sat...and yes it is a bit of a reach to the easel if I want to use the tray to hold the paints. Sometimes I set up the easel and end up holding the paper in my lap. lol

      Delete