Thursday, August 16, 2018

Latvia Part III

When I got up the next morning I looked out my bedroom to a really nice view. I pulled out my sketchbook and did a direct watercolor of the view.


My nephew, Joe and Sebastian finally got home so they stopped by for a quick visit. Joe was doing an airport run to pick up some other people coming for the wedding so he left Sebastian with us for part of the day. Later we headed over to their place for the rest of the day. I finally got to meet Angela (the bride) and Julian, their little boy. Angela's parents were also there so it was nice to meet them too.

The next day we took Sebastian to the beach. We all had a good time. He wanted to make a sandcastle, or actually to supervise making a sandcastle. I sketched it while it was happening and he directed what went into the sketch and wanted me to include myself. lol He's quite the director.


My brother, Joe, Sebastian, Joan & Jaime

Me, my brother, Joe and Sebastian



The following day my brother, Joe, my sister-in-law, Joan, my niece, Jaime and I went into old town Riga. While they were roaming around looking at all the bears I was able to do a tiny sketch down the street.


Here are a few photos of Riga.

Joan, Jaime, and Joe

Russian Orthodox Church interior

I did manage a few more sketches done on the property where we were staying. There were some great fruit trees like this one filled with pears.

 

I believe this was an outdoor oven by the table outside.


The wedding was beautiful...on the beach.

Anglea and Joe

Angela and Joe

Joe, Angela and me

After the wedding Sebastian stayed overnight with us at the apartment. That gave him some reading time with Grammy.


On my last day we went into Riga to walk around a bit more and have dinner. We walked around the art nouveau district which had some beautiful buildings.





Joan & Jamie

This ends my visit to Latvia.






6 comments:

  1. Two family weddings you attended this year! Great documentation of these events in your sketches. Glad you had a nice visit in Latvia to supplement the Porto experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. The sketching time in Latvia was limited. You know what it's like when you're with family.

      Delete
  2. Some very packed days for you and still you manage to sketch all the time - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much and thanks for following along.

      Delete
  3. Missed out for a couple of days. Amazing artist you are. So many sketches when you are so busy. Nice trip.

    ReplyDelete