Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Ice Palace

The forecast for the day was rain, but it looked like it was clear enough that I could get out someplace local and sketch before that happened. The colorful Ice Palace in Oakdale caught my eye. I didn't trust the weather so I sat in my mobile studio in the auto repair parking lot across the street. It was a good thing I did because it did pour for a few minutes and then rained lightly for a while. I was smart enough to sketch the people when I first got there...just in case they had to leave and seek shelter.lol Once the heavy rain passed there were other people who stopped for ices and sat under the umbrellas. I still haven't tried their ices, and I've sketched there before. 

You can see the other sketches I've done of the Ice palace in 2022 here and in 2012 here.

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun sketch and the place looks fun, too. I've yet to find a good Italian ice place to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. A lot of them just taste like icy, flavored water.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan really glad you shared your previous sketches from 2012 and 2022 - shows the different views and how you captured each so well. Hope you are staying cool...we are needing rain here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. I tend to return to some of the same places a lot. Hope you get your needed rain. That's our forecast for tomorrow. Have a good week!

      Delete