Monday, June 3, 2024

Views from Pier 57

The NYC Urban Sketchers recently met at Pier 57 along the Hudson River. It had some interesting views like this one of "Little Island," a park jutting out into the river with several different levels. I was sitting on the top level of Pier 57 which luckily had some huge areas that were shaded.


I moved over to the other side of the 3rd level and sketched the building that houses the Pier 59 Studios. Pier 59 Studios is a multimedia fashion studio at Chelsea Piers, and is said to be the largest commerical photography/multimedia studio in the world.


Later I went down to the 2nd level which didn't have much shade. I tucked myself under a overhang from stairs leading up to the 3rd level. These ladies were sitting straight ahead of me and looked like interesting subjects to sketch.



 

2 comments:

  1. You find great subjects in whatever location. The little park looks amazing and the ladies are super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. There were a lot of good views to sketch there.

      Delete