Wednesday, June 12, 2024

30x30 Direct Watercolor #3

My friend, Suzala and I headed up to Oyster Bay where they were having a reenactment event of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders. We sat near the entertainment where horse riders were taking part in shooting and lancing events. Drawing horses is difficult enough, but they were moving a lot while I was trying to paint in direct watercolors. I was fairly successful.

Even after I did one painting for the 30x30 challenge that day I did a few more directly in watercolor.



This one below was done in water-soluble graphite and watercolors.






5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all great, especially as direct wc!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have a hard time with horse anatomy.

      Delete
  2. Amazing job Joan - you are so right horses are hard enough but when they are moving - wow what a challenge. Hope you are enjoying the day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Doing horses required a lot of thinking. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Wow, great sketches for the horse lover in me. Fun event to try and capture movement and shapes. Applause.

    ReplyDelete