Sunday, June 23, 2024

30x30 Direct Watercolor #23 - Yaphank Lake and the Hawkins House

My plein air group, PALS planned to meet recently at what I thought was a historical building on Yaphank Lake. Apparently I didn't read the email close enough, and I was wrong. I got to the location and nobody was there. I started a direct watercolor (#23) and painted until another member, Liz, came along. Since it was just two of us we thought we might be in the wrong location. I reread the email and the group was going to another location nearby that was a historical house near the water. 


The Hawkins House was our actual location for painting that day. Since we got there late I didn't want to start a large painting so this is 5 x7. The house was great, and I really liked the seating area on the porch.


 


2 comments:

  1. Both are great. I like the picnic table and the wicker furniture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking I should have found something else besides wicker. lol Thanks.

      Delete