Tuesday, June 11, 2024

30x30 Direct Watercolors #1 & #2

Every year in June Uma Kelkar & Marc Taro Holmes present the 30x30 Direct Watercolor Challenge. During the month the participants strive to create 30 direct watercolor paintings. No pencil or ink lines are allowed. I've been participating for a number of years. I definitely think this challenge makes me more observant and also makes me stop and think about the composition of my piece and what goes in front of or behind something else. It is fun to take part in this.

Both of these small ATC sized paintings were done in the garden area at the beach.




2 comments:

  1. I'm not doing it this year, but I'm sure enjoying seeing your lineless paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I enjoy doing them but I miss working with ink too, so some days I've done two paintings to satisfy both urges.

      Delete