Friday, May 12, 2017

Babylon's Main Street

A few weeks ago several artist friends decided to go to Babylon and sketch along Maine Street. I was a bit late so by the time I got there one of them was leaving and the other had a problem with her watercolor because it had started drizzling. It had totally ruined her sky, so she gave up and left too. After going all the way there I decided to at least sketch the scene, so I stood mostly under an overhang and sketched the view. By that time the weather had improved and it was no longer spritzing. I worked on it for about 1 1/2 hrs and it really needed a lot more. I ended up leaving with it unfinished. Last week (when it was raining again and I was indoors) I decided to work more on it. Now I consider it finished


6 comments:

  1. Love it, even though weather inclement you managed to get a story. I see the leaves are starting to come!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelvia. Once we had a few warm, sunny days the trees got their leaves.

      Delete
  2. Joan, so lovely and good story. I love when you put in the Flag, of course. This is my smile for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is charming Joan. After trying a truck for the EDM I admire your cars - lol Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. Cars and trucks aren't easy, even though they are just streamlined boxes.

      Delete