Tuesday, May 2, 2017

People Sketching

On the way to meet the NYC Urban Sketchers at the museum I was on one line of the NYC subway. The ride on that section was short...only about 30 minutes. I did manage to sketch a few people. FYI it is much easier to sketch people on the subway rather than the Long Island Railroad. On the subway most of the time there are people sitting directly across from you (if standing passengers aren't blocking your way). On the railroad there are two center seats that face each other and the rest of the seats are in rows behind them, with high backs that you can't really see over.



After our sketching in Bowling Green Park we went to a local bar/restaurant for drinks or food if desired. While we were waiting to be served the sketchers usually sketch each other. This was a visitor from England who joined us for the day.


Here are a few of the other sketchers who were seated across from me. I only sketched a few and I think we had at least 14 people there to share their work.


Just in case you want to read my Wrap-Up for "Tracy at the Ranch" you can find it here.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches...I can't imagine sketching while the train is moving... You're good..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Hilda. I hope you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete