Saturday, May 13, 2017

Damariscotta Sketches

Last weekend my husband and I went up to Maine to visit family for a few days. The weather was not cooperative so we ended up delaying the trip one day due to rain. Because of that we couldn't get a reservation on the ferry going over to Connecticut. So we ended up driving the whole way...so no ferry sketches from the trip up.
 Of course by the time we got up to Maine it was raining. So we just hung out for the rest of the day. Sunday morning it was foggy but not raining, so I headed down by the river to do some sketches. It was windy so I sat on my chair with my car right behind me so it would block the wind a bit. It worked long enough to get two sketches done.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches Joan!!! Now you'll have to make another reservation to take that ferry!!! Hopefully the good weather will come soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. We were able to take the ferry home.

      Delete
  2. Never been to Maine but it looks beautiful. Not sure they get a lot of warm weather for any length of time, but yet, gardeners say they love the climate. Like your idea of outlining the trees to give them more dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nelvia. They do get a stretch of summer weather, but it is a bit shorter than I'd like.

      Delete
  3. Both of these are super Joan. It sounds like you are having the same type of weather that we are having - cold, wet and windy. Where is the warmth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. We haven't had much warmth or sun lately. This coming week is supposed to be nice and warm. I hope so. Today we had sun, then rain, then sun, then rain... I did get to go out sketching for a while.

      Delete
  4. Maine is beautiful. Your paintings are, too. Smiling…..

    ReplyDelete