Thursday, May 11, 2017

Concert Sketch

Last week my husband and I had tickets to see Barbra Streisand at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale. I brough along my sketchbook as usual figuring I would sketch before the concert started. I didn't realize how dim the lighting would be. Most of the lighting came from overhead behind where we were sitting, and every time someone walked up to take a seat the light was blocked. So most of this was sketched in near darkness. I didn't know what it actually looked like until I got home and had light. lol It reminded me of sketching at night in the pubs in Ireland while we were listening to music. I couldn't see anything I was sketching then either.


8 comments:

  1. A bit like 'blind contour drawing' . It made you draw certain outlines and has worked out well, I can see the crowded venue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. It was like blind contour sketching. lol

      Delete
  2. This shows it all!! How was the concert? She has such a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing sketch, Joan! I can only imagine what her beautiful voice must sound live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a challenge! You did a great job in spite of the difficulties. I am sure you enjoyed the concert - she has a fantastic voice. - Well done Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you have now proven you can draw with your eyes closed. How does she sound, still like herself?

    ReplyDelete