Monday, May 22, 2017

Cold Spring Harbor

Last week I picked up a sketching friend who recently broke her ankle and foot. She's in a boot and can't put weight on her foot. She hasn't left the house much and was climbing the walls. I offered to pick her up and take her out sketching if she could think of a place near her that would be somewhat accessible for her. She can walk a short distance on crutches. So she suggested Cold Spring Harbor which has water, boats, cute buildings and parking. We parked on the main street and Suzala hobbled across to the other side where I had set up her chair. It worked out well except that it was one of the few hot days that we had, and we were mostly in the sun. She was so happy being outside again and sketching. The building I did that is near the water is the library with a bit of one of the buildings along the street.


5 comments:

  1. Love these trees! And wanted to tell you I kept up with your blog while I was out of town... I just didn't comment much because the wi-fi was always so slow where I was! LOL

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina. I know what it is like when you're away and have to rely on the wi-fi somewhere else.

      Delete
  2. Great detail notes in this. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super little sketch Joan and it was so nice of you to give your friend an outing. Life sure is difficult when we are incapacitated.

    ReplyDelete