Tuesday, December 15, 2015

12 Days of Ornaments - Ornament 1 & 2

 My friend, Tina Koyama suggested that I sketch my ornaments that I was posting on Facebook and put them here. Thanks for the suggestion, Tina. I will have to double-up to finish by Christmas.

My 12 Ornaments of Christmas - Ornament #1 - I decided I wanted to share some of the stories of the ornaments I have hanging on my tree, so I am going to pick one (or two) from the tree every day until Christmas. Each ornament brings back a memory of a person, a place, or a time. These front two balls in this painting are definitely the oldest ornaments on my tree. They are a group of balls and bells that has survived hanging each year since I was a little girl, so they must be over 60 years old. I think there is only one red and one purple ball left and a few bells. Their color is a little worn...but then so am I. LOL 



My 12 Ornaments of Christmas – Ornament #2 - A Day at the Beach – Need I say more??? LOL This was given to me by friends I worked with at P.S. 42 who always knew what kind of beach fanatic I was. They know who they are. Inside the pouch is sand, an umbrella (like you would find in a tropical drink), a tiny blanket, sunglasses, and a bottle of soda. What more could I need? They probably don’t realize I have kept this all these years.





1 comment:

  1. I love these ornament stories! That's the best part about decorating the tree -- all the memories attached.

    ReplyDelete