Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sunset

Yesterday my schedule was thrown off a bit due to shopping for a new TV and all that entails. It is like a snowball once it starts. lol Anyway I ended up coming to the library later in the day to use the computers. By the time I was leaving it was about 3:45 and the thought entered my head to head to the water and paint the sunset. I drove down near Corey Beach in Bayport and parked on the dock facing west. This is about 4 x 6. I'm glad my schedule was off and I was outside in time for the sunset.


7 comments:

  1. Dear Joan I am glad your schedule was off too. Bet it was cold sketching this because I am sure you have had winter too. I am inspired by your dedication to paint and sketch every day. Your work shows it too. Bless you my friend and Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully painted, Joan. Very nice scene...I love the way you painted the sky...! I also love your previous dock painting in West Sayville...nicely done. It's so good to see everyone rebuilding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though the word is overused a bit, Awesome comes to mind. Very beautiful Joan! Magnificent sunset on the water. Doesn't get much better!
    Happy New Year Joan!
    Art on!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely sunset. Yesterday was beautiful. Today it's freezing and snowing/raining. Good thing you went out yesterday for this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Joan! I am reminded of a spot along the IL River here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - Sometimes life leads where you were meant to go. Thanks.

    Hilda - Thank you. It is nice that some areas are well underway at rebuilding. How is East Rock faring?

    Michael - You are too kind!

    Carol - Thanks. My timing was perfect.

    Sherry - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done!!! Sometimes we can make that lemonade from those ol' lemons -- and you certainly did!!! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete