Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Heike's

This year I decided to do a small painting of the salon where I get my hair cut as a gift to the owner, Heike. I've been going there for close to a year and thought it would be a fun Christmas gift for her. Of course I had this idea the other day and with all the time I spent getting ready for the show this past weekend, so I really only had yesterday or today to paint it. Wouldn't you know it was raining. yesterday. lol So I sat in my car in the parking lot across the street from the shop, using the windshield wipers from time to time. The shop was closed but a car pulled up in front and who got out but Heike. Luckily she didn't see me as she dashed into the shop and out again. I sat there in the rain (and thunder at times) to finish this piece. I changed the scene a bit adding flowers in the pots by the door and some shadows even though it was raining. I thought sunshine would be a little better.
 
I did this as a 5 x 7 size and I will bring it to her tomorrow when I go to have my hair done.
 


8 comments:

  1. Dear Joan - this is a wonderful gift. I know your beautician will love it. Thanks for visiting me too - have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Joan..this is the perfect gift!!! She's going to love it! probably put it on the wall and you'll have your work out there for all to see!!! It looks like such a nice place. (Love your greens, as well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nOT ONLY are you wonderful and good, but so dedicated and generous! EVEN IN THE RAIN!!! What a super gift -- so special Joan -- great job -- she'll love it -- and you must tell her the story -- it makes the gift even more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! I'm sure the owner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea and an amazing gift for Heike! I love your brave heart. I think it would have been cool to sit in the car with a thunderstorm outside. I so love rain storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan!
    A great gift!
    A treasure to cherish forever!
    Your hairdresser is going to be thrilled!
    (Also love the art show photos!)

    Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie - Thaks so much.

    Hilda - Thanks. When I left the salon they were fighting over where to hang it.

    Lin - She loved the story. Thanks.

    Tina - Thank you.

    Sherry - I'm used to painting in the car in any weather. lol Thanks.

    Michael - Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be used to painting in your car, in the rain, with the wipers and defrost on. LOL What a great idea for a gift for your hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete