Sunday, July 24, 2022

Paint Out - Part 3

For my next painting for the paint out I decided to do something actually on Main Street in Bellport. It was very hot so I looked for a shady spot with a nice view. There was a big tree near Bellport Apothecary, a new business in town. They had tables and flowers outside so it seemed like a good spot. There was even someone inside that I could see in the window. I painted until the sun had moved too much and I was sitting in the sun instead of the shade. The manager of the store came out to see what I was doing and asked me if I was going to post it somewhere and I told her it would eventually be on Facebook and Instagram. I told her I was going to stop for that day and come back another morning when the light and shadows would be similar. 


I went back the next morning and continued painting. The woman from the store came out and offered to put everything back in a similar spot so I could continue. I told her that wasn't necessary. She wanted to see it when I was finished. Here it is finished.


The store manager said she told the owner (Giovanni) about the painting and said he was interested in buying it and asked if she could take a photo of it. So the painting is SOLD. I will use two other paintings for the day of the exhibit.



 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, this is an amazing painting and story. Congrats on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I delivered the finished painting to the store owner today.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Hot off the press and Sold!

    ReplyDelete